Sunday 12 February 2012

Sneaky, sneaky!

Wow, what to talk about today. Brain fog! Mind block! There is a list of things that have pissed me off in the past 24 hours, none of them are really of any interest to anyone else lol! So, after trudging through twitter, facebook and other sites for inspiration and coming up blank I thought I would just sit here (well, lay here) and write and see what came out! Probably beyond boring!

The big story today, that you obviously can't get away from is that Whitney Houston died. It sad, yes, she was a very talented individual but it seems that Hollywood has simply claimed another.  I don't want seem insensitive, as clearly I have no idea about the pressures of fame, but it's obvious that a lot of those in tinsel town merely cave. To the pressures of the system, to the pull of alcohol and drugs, to the need to fit in, be thin, eating disorders and pyscological issues. I'm not saying it's a choice, it isn't always, but sometimes, sometimes it is. What does it matter how she died? Is it truly any of our business? She was a talented woman that changed the musical course of a decade or two, she deserved to be remembered for that. Not how she died. She is a woman, with people who loved her, and a child. They deserve to be allowed to morn her loss in peace, without the public stigmatising it. Just saying. I don't know enough about the late Miss Houston to make an entire entry out of it, that wouldn't be fair and, from what I have read today, would not do her any justice either.

So, other things that I could talk about today. One big one has just hit me, and although it is quite M.E related it is more to do with my personality, the worse points. I made myself quite ill last night, trying to do far too much, to the point where I had to get Chris to come home from work early for fear I might pass out, not too bad if I was alone but there would have been no one to look after Niamh (I used to pass out a lot before I had Niamh, so it's not a new experience). But today I was supposed to be resting, and, in my defence I did, for the most part. The problem with me is I cannot just let things sit. I'm one of those people that gets things done before I sit down and relax. Chris making me sit down before the washing up was done was almost painful.... so.... I sat on my perch and did the washing up (thinking I was being all sneaky) and I turned around and Chris is standing there!!! Busted!!! I got told off and (other than putting Niamh to bed) haven't moved off the sofa since! I know that I should be careful because of my health but at the same time, my view is Chris knows how anal I am when it comes to cleaning. He wants me to sit down he needs to do it straight away otherwise I am going to get all sneaky and try and do it! Most people would be more than happy for their wife to just get on with it. So I have to be thankful in many ways, Chris does A LOT for me (and obviously Niamh) so maybe I should listen more. Sigh. I'll try and behave myself!

Having a nice evening with Chris, got to dance and a glass of wine. Think I might have a bath later if Chris is not too busy to help me in and out (embarrassing). Relaxing night please!

Night all!


The above, is particularly true in relation for my last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment